Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - The Man from the Train by Bill James

I'm back with a Teaser Tuesday after what feels like forever! I've been finishing books before Tuesday/not reading a book on Tuesday and didn't really feel the urge to share. But I'm in the middle of a book now and thought I'd just share a teaser!

The book is The Man from the Train and basically tries to unravel/prove that one man was behind a string of gruesome axe-murders. It's really interesting, but I do with that the book is more focused.

Teaser:
"John Zoos, a Polish immigrant, worked in a plumbago mine, got home about dusk, found his family murdered. (The world plumbago is now only used for a flowering plant. A hundred years ago, however, it was primarily used for graphite)."
The teaser sort of shows one of the problems I have with the book - there are all these inserts that I don't really think are necessary.

What about you? What are you reading this week?

How to participate in Teaser Tuesday:  
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

2 comments :

  1. I do like cold case stories. Not sure about this one as you mention some issues with it. When something slows the reading or interrupts my focus I tend to watch for more of it, causing more distractions. Great cover.

    My TT from Last Chance Motel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting but I think the inserts would irritate me too. Come see my teasers here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^