Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Happiness Effect by Donna Freitas

Hey everyone! I hope you had a good start to the week. I had my first exam today, which means that I'm now in exam season (on the bright side, it means that the summer break is that much closer). Right now, I'm reading The Happiness Effect, which is about social media and how it can drive people to appear happy at any cost. It's extremely readable, and even though I'm only two chapters in, I'm really enjoying it.

My teaser:
"When my student spoke of watching the snow fall against his window that day, of reveling in its beauty and then recoiling from what this moment of stillness evoked in his mind, he was really talking about recoiling from himself. Our devices and our compulsive posting and checking are helping us to flee ourselves." 
What about you? What are you reading right now?


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments :

  1. Not sure if I'd like this book. The teaser is somewhat interesting, though. Watching the snow fall is so peaceful.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting and sometimes true for me. I appear upbeat online when I'm really not sometimes. But, acting cheerful usually turns to being cheerful:)

    My TT from Shepherd & the Professor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book. My teaser this week comes from cozy mystery The Bluebonnet Betrayal by Marty Wingate. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^