Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Agatha Christie on Screen by Mark Aldridge

Guess what? Today is part of Golden Week* which is peak season for my company (since everyone else is on holiday). I did manage to finish one book yesterday, because I started a sensation novel and ended up sacrificing sleep. Today though... hasn't been that productive for reading. I started Agatha Christie on Screen and while it is interesting, it's a little bit academic which means it's easier to put down (not saying academic is bad - this just isn't a book I want to rush through).

My teaser (which is from a quote):
"Isn't it time Slack put on his thinking cap and realised that Miss Marple is one of the most dangerous serial killers since Jack the Ripper? Not content to shoot, strangle and poison her way through England, this dangerous person, simpering modestly over the teacups, always manages to frame someone else."
Most of the book is a bit dry, but I'm a huge Christie fan so I find it really interesting (though I don't think I've actually watched any of the adaptations. I just read the books)

*Golden Week is when public holidays converge to give Japanese people almost one week of rest from work (depending on how the holidays fall and if there's a weekend between them).

What about you? What are you reading?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday:  
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

2 comments :

  1. I haven't seen any of the adaptations either, but I do like reading Christie' novels. I'll be curious to know what you think when you are all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who only read the books! It's on the academic side but pretty interesting(:

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^