Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - Binu and the Great Wall by Su Tong

It's Tuesday again! My sister is here (yay!) and the day that I start working draws nearer too (ok, I'm a bit worried about this one). I'll have an entrance ceremony for my company this week, so I'm trying to balance preparing for the test that will happen then and bringing my sister around. As you can imagine, that doesn't leave much time for books. I just started Binu and the Great Wall today. It's supposed to be a retelling of Meng Jiang, a legend based on the fact (fact? I remember hearing that as a child) that people were buried in the Great Wall of China.

My teaser:
"At that moment, the boys were plunged into inexplicable terror, from which emerged the certainty that they must stop the woman from shouting. Her shouts were so shrill that they swirled around the forest, just as their mothers' cries had when they were calling their sick children's spirits back from the mountains."
What do you think? Would you read this?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

5 comments :

  1. Intriguing!

    Mine this week is from a legal thriller: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1eO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me. I hope you enjoy it when things settle down enough for you to read. The teaser on my adult blog is from A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds extremely interesting.
    My teaser: https://collinesblog.com/2017/03/14/between-sisters-by-cathy-kelly/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd probably read it. I always wondering about this subject. You know how urban legends go. Maybe this really did happen though. They say people are entombed in the Mackinac Bridge too.

    My TT from Jurassic Island

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am intrigued by the teaser and how it relates to the cover.

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^