Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - Grit by Angela Duckworth

I've finally got a breather, so yay! Last week, I came back to Japan, and the day after I arrived, went for a class trip. The trip was fun, no doubt, but it was exhausting.

Right now, I'm reading a book that I bought at the airport - Grit by Angela Duckworth. I've been wanting to read it ever since I heard about it on the Freakonomics podcast, and so far, it's living up to my expectations! (Except for the cover, which dirties so easily it's annoying).

My teaser:
"That's also how people mistakenly think about interests, I pointed out. They don't realise they need to play an active role in developing and deepening their interests." (Page 183)
Anyway, if anyone is interested, we went to Hagi and the Akiyoshi Caves for my class trip (among other places, but these are the two I like the best:





What have you been reading?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments :

  1. Sounds like an interesting book and looks like an interesting field trip too. My teaser comes from Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting thought. It's true!

    Explore a psychological mystery this week in this book by Alex Marwood: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-TL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got me thinking:) Fun pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    My TT from The Ice Bridge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know more about the mistaken perspective on interests. Sounds like a very thought-provoking book. (Your field trip looks interesting, too.) Here's the link to my FCFP/TT, a biography: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1hs

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^