Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Maxims and Reflections by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Good Tuesday everyone :D

I'm back from the trip, which was...interesting (to put it nicely). I'm just really glad that I'm back home right now. And after the trip, I got into this "I don't know what I want to read" mood, so I'm actually juggling two books right now. One of them is Maxims and Reflections by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and it's a collection of the stuff he wrote, so it's very easy to read in bits and pieces.

My teaser:

"72. Certain books are apparently written not so that we may learn from them, but to demonstrate the fact that the author knew something. 
73. They whip up curds hoping it might turn into cream."

I also like this additional line:
"91. Anyone who doesn't know foreign languages knows nothing of his own." 

I think it's one that can inspire plenty of debate!

What are you reading this week?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments :

  1. You know, I've read books that are like the ones mentioned in the first teaser. This sounds like it is fascinating and thought provoking. My teaser this week comes from the thriller Dark Road Home by Anna Carlisle. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! I'm home sick today. I caught what my daughter had and the doctor's put me off for a couple days. I like your teasers. #72 usually means the books aren't that good. LOL I can see why 91 would be controversial. I think it's probably true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I hope you and your daughter are both feeling better my now! Haha yes, books like those are usually boring :p

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^