Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly

Hello everyone! I hope your week went well(: It was a public holiday yesterday (Marine Day), so I had a great start to the week. Exams start next week though, so I guess it's gonna get pretty stressful soon.

Right now, I'm reading The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly. It's supposed to be on the 12 trends that will change the world, and while it's pretty entertaining, it's not as meaty as I expected. I was hoping for more in-depth stuff, rather than a surface introduction. I'm only two chapters in, though, so hopefully that changes!

My teaser:
"A world perfectly fair in some dimensions would be horribly unfair in others. A utopia has no problems to solve, but therefore no opportunities either."
What about you? What is your teaser? (And how is your week so far?)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments :

  1. A teaser that makes you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make you think. Always good to exercise the brain pan:)

    My TT from A Whole Lotta ARCS

    ReplyDelete
  3. +JMJ+

    What an thought! A world with no problems really would have no opportunities . . . and then it wouldn't be so interesting or fulfilling to live in. Perhaps our problem-filled world is a much better place to live in than we tend to think these days!

    Here's my Teaser for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I hope it develops the depth you want. My teaser this week comes from Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^