Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Tank Man's Son

Hey everyone!! I hope your week has gotten off to a good start(: My cousin is getting married at the end of this week, so I'm really, really excited for her wedding!

But, I'm not really reading a lighthearted book. In fact, I'm reading The Tank Man's Son, which is supposed to be a powerful memoir. I haven't read enough to form a judgement, but I'm captivated by what I've read so far.

My teaser:

"All of that explains why Dad's one-day stay in jail coincided with Ike disappearing, only to return to us several days later in the form of a month's worth of T-bones, rib eye, and ground beef.  
Family dinners didn't always feel good, but finally eating Ike sure did."
Hope you're all enjoying your books as well, and that you have a great week ahead!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

5 comments :

  1. Yeah, I can imagine how finally eating sure does sound good. Enjoy reading this week.


    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy the story. My teaser this week comes from The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. But you're right -- it really doesn't sound very light-hearted. Hope you enjoy your reading. And the wedding, too!

    Here's my teaser from a vintage Sharyn McCrumb mystery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your cousin! Your book is in stark contrast to such good news. I hope you like it. It certainly sounds like it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I finished it on the plane, and I found it to be a good read(:

      Delete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^