Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - The Stone Child by Dan Poblocki

Hey everyone! I hope you had a good week last week(: Like I mentioned in the previous TT, I went back for my cousin's wedding, and it was an amazing few days! My cousin was beautiful as the bride, and it was great to see everyone again. I even managed to put on a kimono for the wedding ceremony. The only thing was... I didn't have much time to blog (or go on the Internet).

Right now, I'm reading The Stone Child by Dan Poblocki. I don't know how I found it, but it's in my wishlist, so I decided to borrow it. So far, I like it.

My teaser:

"A bookstore was always cozier than a library - more comforting - a familiar place in an unfamiliar town. He picked up his bike from the sidewalk." 
What about you? How has your week been? What have you been reading?


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

10 comments :

  1. I love the quote - sadly, bookshops are becoming increasingly rare here in the UK... Hope you're enjoying the book - is it horror? The cover looks a bit that way. My TT this week is...
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/06/21/teaser-tuesday-21st-june-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote! Although I reckon libraries are cosier...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I'm a library kinda girl myself (there's something about the smell of the library that transports me back to my childhood). But, I will admit that well-designed bookshops have their own charm.

      Delete
  3. Love the teaser! The cover is intriguing too. My teaser this week comes from a soon-to-be-released fantasy - Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. Here's my TT https://awondrousbookshelf.com/2016/06/21/teaser-tuesday-13/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that teaser! Are you enjoying the book so far?
    My teaser is from Graceling by Kristin Cashore.. Keep the pages turning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It's a good read (I just finished it today :D )

      Delete
  6. Bookstores are rather cozy, aren't they? Love the teaser, Eustacia.

    I am glad you had a nice time at the wedding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yup, some are (some, like the big box stores that sell more stationary than books... aren't quite as nice :p)

      Delete
  7. +JMJ+

    In a strange town, I think I'd find a bookstore much more comforting than a library. I like the idea of falling in love with a new book and being able to take it back home with me. Lovely teaser! =)

    Here is mine: http://shreddedcheddar.blogspot.com/2016/06/jmj-teaser-of-year-read-other-two.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^