Friday, May 27, 2016

The Complete Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, adapted by Leah Moore, John Reppion, Erica Awano

It occurred to me, when I started thinking of what to write, that I am very unqualified to write this. I mean, I can't exactly review the story, since the story is famous and well... it's Alice in Wonderland. What am I supposed to say? And I'm not exactly an artist, or someone who's an expert in comics and can recognise technical skill.

So, I guess I should start at the beginning. I requested this because... one more version of Alice in Wonderland never hurt. Plus, I had Alice in Wonderland tea-flavoured Chocopie with me at the time, and this seemed like the perfect book to read it with.

The Complete Alice in Wonderland is a faithful comic-adaptation of the book Alice in Wonderland. There is an interpretation of the text, but I don't think the illustrators have taken any liberties with it. In order words, if the book came out as a comic, this would probably be it.

What I especially enjoyed was the notes on how the adaptation was done, and the lost chapter of The Wasp in the Wig. I didn't get the story, but it was interesting, nonetheless.

If you're looking for the comic version of Alice in Wonderland, rather than one of the comic adaptations, then you should check it out. I think it would be a good way to introduce the classic to reluctant readers without worrying that you're presenting a different version from the original.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^