Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - Wild Thing by Luke Kendall

Hey everyone!! How has the start of your week been? It suddenly got really cold here in Fukuoka, and it even snowed today. As someone born and (mostly) bred in a country which is summer all year round... let's just say the cold and I don't mix very well.

Anyway, I'm currently reading Wild Thing by Luke Kendall. I actually first read the story on WriteOn, but this version is substantially different from the earlier one I read. A lot of new stuff, and I'm enjoying it very much!

My teaser:

"They were all looking at her properly now, like they weren't just seeing some silly girl any more. All the grown-up attention made her sit up extra straight."

What is your Teaser?
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

P.S. I entered a contest to win a publishing contract! It's judged solely by votes, so if you happen to be a member of the OnlineBookClub, would you please take a look at my entry and consider voting for me? If the pitch is not enough, you can look at the raw first draft here, to get an idea of the story.

7 comments :

  1. It's so cold here too, we had snow over the weekend! Great teaser! I've not heard of this book before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every snowfall reminds me that I'm not a snow person :p

      It's a pretty new book, but it's really good! I just finished the first half, and I'm quite enjoying it.

      Delete
  2. Love the shadows in the background on the cover - *intrigued*. On a completely unrelated note, I've always wanted to go to Japan. I was born in Yokosuka, but I don't remember it - only from the pictures I've been shown. I bet it's beautiful! Enjoy :)

    Here's my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is new to me too. Not much snow, but very, very cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having a cold spell and I don't like it, but I do like the sunshine it brought. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born and raised where I live now and I have never gotten used to the cold. I think most people don't. You just endure until the weather improves. The teaser on my adult blog comes from Night Study by Maria V. Snyder. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She kinda looks like Robin Hood

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^