Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm

Woohoo! It's Tuesday again, which means it's time for another Teaser Tuesday. This time, my teaser is coming from a translation of The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brother's Grimm (translated by Fairy Tale Scholar Jack Zipes).

Also, how cool is a "Fairy Tale Scholar"? Is it too late for me to become one?

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To participate, just take a two sentence teaser from a book you're currently reading and share it, along with the title and author of the book.

The teaser:
There is much that also carries its own meaning within itself: a mother gets her real child back in her arms after she manages to cause the changeling, which the elves had subsituted for own child, to laugh. Similarly, the life of a child begins with a smile and continues in joy, and as the child smiles in its slepp, angels talk to the baby.
Don't you just love it?

ETA: I didn't know this, but apparently June 24th is National Fairy Day. What an awesome coincidence!

4 comments :

  1. I've never read this but I've always wanted to! This teaser is awesome! Here's my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great passage. Some of those Grimm fairy tales are.. well ... rather GRIM. Definitely not Disney. I love the idea of a fairy tale scholar.
    My Teaser is from NOT THE MARRYING KIND.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading fairytales as well!
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/teaser-tuesday-june-24/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I didn't know "fairy tale scholar" was a thing you could be, but it sounds like the greatest job ever. I remember reading a ton of fairytales when I was a kid. I actually spent all of my book fair money one year on a really expensive ($20 is expensive to a third grader) fairytale book. I remember all my friends spent all their money on stickers and posters and erasers and stuff and they couldn't understand why I'd want a fairytale book. But they're so good and scary too! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^