Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Excuse For Company - Volume 1

HEY FRIENDS(: I have something I want to share with you! It's the first issue of what I hope will be a monthly magazine - An Excuse For Company (Link to smashwords page). And by the way, it's free~

I'm starting to think that my motivation for doing most things come from when I'm bored. Before I had the rush of exams/sick, I was being bored and suddenly felt like making a magazine! But I didn't want to do it alone, I wanted to have lots of people doing this, because it would be more fun, and you guys would get to see news and reviews that I don't know about.

So I posted on Goodreads where I got.... one response (thanks Jesse!). And then, I remembered Google+, and voila, the rest of the contributors appeared. I'm really so glad to have worked with them, and I hope that they become regular contributors!

But really, the hardest part of the magazine was the formatting and cover. The theme was easy, I already decided to do NaNoWriMo (ok, maybe I could have worked on the novel preparations instead of the magazine), so making that a feature was natural. Finding an appropriate photo (that I took, since I really don't want copyright issues) and doing the whole word document thing, was much more tedious.

I'm really not a tech person.

Still, I hope you guys download and read the issue (the formatting is the best on pdf, but ePub works too). And tell me if you have any comments or (better yet), if you want to be a part of the next issue. Heads up: The next issue will be Christmas themed, so I'll gladly welcome posts on Christmas and Christmas-y books, although any sort of book news/reviews are also welcome(:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^