Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teaser Tuesday - Looking for Jake

As per my friend's suggestion, I'm reading more China Mieville. I don't know if I can read more, because I hear English books are very hard to find in Japan... Anyway, I'm now reading his short story collection, Looking for Jake. Today's teaser comes from the first story in the book:

"In Bhopal, Union Carbide vomited up a torturing, killing bile. In Chernobyl the fallout was a more insidious cellular terrorism.

And now, Kilburn errupts with vague entropy." (Page 11)
I know it's 3 sentences, but I didn't know which one to cut! I'm loving the writing in this book~

4 comments :

  1. Love this teaser! Very chilling and descriptive. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's mine:

    http://wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice. I just got The City and the City from Mieville. Hope it's as good as i think it is.

    My teaser is from The Big Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very descriptive teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! Great teaser. Thanks :)

    Here's Here's My TT

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^