Thursday, October 28, 2010

MG Fun Fair ^_^

PJust yesterday, I wrote about this book: So many books, so little time. And after finishing it, I really didn't expect to be able to get any of the books mentioned inside, or to be able to read new books for that matter. But, today, I went back to MGS (^_^), and bought 7 books~ Total:$13. とても安い(totemo yasui)!

Among the books is one titled "Bird in Bird", which although I haven't read yet, I wanted to, since I read about it yesterday. And since I didn't conciously set out to find that book, finding it (and only for a dollar) was a really pleasant surprise. I'm even happier that Senior Admin gave us the day off, so I can go to the MG Fun Fair.

So far, I've only read one book. And that is part comic. Even though I didn't intend to blog about comics, this one is quite special. It's titled "The Chinese Code to Success" and is basically full of short comics that intend to illustrate Chinese maxims on how to live life, such as "simple things are better (The real thing goes something like dishes made out of pottery are better than those made of gold and jade)". Kind of reminds me about Essays in Idleness by Kenko, which I want to buy and reread (: If you can read Chinese, bonus, cause they set out the maxims in Chinese, and write the meaning in Chinese too. If you don't, there's hanyu pinyin and English translations. Plus, all the comics are in English. All in all, really interesting, and full of practical advice.

Currently, I'm halfway through Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, who wrote Little Women too. I should finish it by tonight/tomorrow (:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^